It’s no secret that Israel Hi-Tech Industry in Israel is one of the leaders in the world. With more patents, entrepreneurs, and inventions than most other countries, it has gained a worldwide stage for its success. We can bore you with other details about this arena but let’s focus on the fun facts.
Keep these in mind when you sign up for an internship in Israel. You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic workplace with an Israeli-driven workforce. Each company with its unique focus, atmosphere, and goals but all with a bit of Israeli ‘chutzpah’ (audacity or cheekiness) and into-the-night eagerness.
Bet you didn’t know these about the industry:
- You can now charge your phone in 30 seconds thanks to the Israeli startup StoreDot.
- Israel has the highest concentration of hi-tech companies in the world (aside from the Silicon Valley).
- An Israeli designer, Danit Peleg, created the first 3D printed ready-to-wear clothing line worn at the Rio Paralympics Opening Ceremony.
- A 2X2X2 inch computer, the smallest ever, was created by two Arab-Israeli engineers, at an Israeli company, SolidRun.
- The Apple Watch camera was developed by Glide, an Israeli startup based in Jerusalem.
- It’s easier to find parking in New York City thanks to an Israeli app called Pango, already in use at different cities around the world. It lets you find, book, and pay for parking spots with your cell phone.
- A watermelon-picking robot exists! Thanks to SnapKeys, an Israeli startup based on artificial vision technology. SnapKeys is also working on an invisible keyboard for smartphones.
- New York City’s JFK Airport’s internal train that connects the Airport to the city’s public transportation system is covered by an Israeli company developed surveillance system, Nextiva.
- A large chunk of Microsoft’s Windows operating system was developed by Microsoft Israel.
- The first USB Flash Drive was created by Dob Moran of M-Systems in 2000, a staple product for every professional and student around the world.
These are only a few. There are many more success stories, some bigger than others, but all originating from a unique country forging the way in the global technology sector. Career Israel and Masa internships can let you be part of this journey.