Through Career Israel, a five-month internship program based in Tel Aviv, we make sure you get an internship you want, along with housing, a Hebrew language course, and trips and tours throughout Israel with other international college graduates. The next Career Israel session runs from Mid-January, 2021 – June, 2021.
This program helps connect young professionals to Israel. Career Israel is only open to Jewish college graduates aged 21-30 looking to gain professional international experience abroad.
In order to receive a Masa grant, participants need to be recognized as Jewish by their local Jewish community or by one of the recognized denominations of Judaism. Please refer to Masa for any eligibility questions.
Internship coordination process
You will work with an internship coordinator prior to your arrival to secure an internship that is right for you. You have the option to choose from over 3,700 different internships. The internship coordinator will create a list for you based on your interests and needs. The internship coordinator will connect you with the hiring manager at the company of your choosing. Then there will be an interview with the company itself. If both parties see it as a good fit, you will have your internship placement set.
The first few days are spent as a group in an opening seminar in Jerusalem. This seminar will help you get to know the other participants through group tours and bonding activities. At orientation, there will be a few Hebrew classes to help you understand some basic, day-to-day words, so you can start to feel at home on your new adventure in your new country. We want you to have a smooth transition into life in Israel, so come with an open mind and lots of questions – we are always here for you.
Throughout the program
You will move to your base city, Tel Aviv, with your group for the remainder of orientation, staying in housing provided by Career Israel. Once you are settled in, you will begin your internship! Summer internships are two months long while spring and fall internships are five months long. You will have lots of free time, giving you the perfect opportunity to explore Israel on your own and with friends.
The bulk of the program is focused on your internship. You will intern between 28-35 hours a week depending on the demand of your company. You have the freedom to create your own schedule outside your internship, after work and on weekends. Our staff is always available with advice and tips on activities happening in Tel Aviv and Israel in general. If you have any special interests just ask, and we will steer you in the right direction.
In addition to your internship, you will go on trips and tours that will take you all around the country and expose you to modern Israeli society, religion in the Jewish state, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Jewish identity in modern Israel, trends in the Israeli job market and more!
If there are any topics you are interested in learning about just let us know. We are here to help enrich your journey and your Israel Experience!
- Set up a time to speak with our program advisors and learn more about Career Israel.
- In order to set up an interview with a program advisor, please fill out the application form, upload your resume, agree to the terms and conditions, and pay the $50 application fee.
- If you are approved to move on in the process, you will receive an approval letter a few days after your interview, and you will need to pay the deposit in order to continue the process.
- After you pay the deposit, we will put you in touch with your internship placement specialist for an internship consultation.
- The placement specialist will help you land your internship of choice, reaching out to companies, and setting up interviews for you.
- Once you pay your deposit, you will have 30 days to upload all of your documents. Only when all of your documents have been uploaded and approved by our staff will you receive your official acceptance.
- In order to finalize your internship placement, your complete tuition is due. (tuition is due one month before the program if your internship placement is not finalized). Tuition covers housing (furnished, utilities, maintenance), medical insurance, transportation within your city, Hebrew lessons, trips and tours throughout Israel, and full-time staff support. More information about tuition and scholarships.